I haven’t completely quit coffee. In fact I still use it regularly…. but not in the way you might think. I have discovered a whole new way to consume coffee that doesn’t jangle my nervous system, mess with my sleep or cause me to be a type A freak.
…recovering from a decade of coffee abuse. Sure I only drank one cup a day (sometimes 2), but it really messed me up. You see I had my first cup of coffee when I was 27. I had lived though adolescence and early adulthood, even college without it. I knew what it was like to be clean.
My addiction didn’t really start in earnest though until after graduate school when I moved to Portland, Oregon. I discovered that I could get a whole lot of stuff I really didn’t want to do, DONE if I just drank coffee first.
I was hooked… and very very productive between 32 and 42. I did quite during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but I always got back on the caffeine just as soon as they weaned. At 42 though I knew something had to change. It took me until this past Fall to completely kick the habit.
I owe it all to Working Class Acupuncture and….
You heard it. Coffee helped me get off coffee. I am now just consuming it a little ahem, differently.
Have you ever heard of a coffee enema? I had heard of them for years and even done a few, but until last year I had not really done them in earnest.
I started them as part of my training in Nutritional Balancing and was instantly amazed at the results when done consistently. Some practitioners recommend one do them up to 6 times/day! For awhile I did a coffee enema every day as part of my own healing protocol and the results were impressive. I felt alive and clear headed (without cutting out grains!)
I no longer do them every day, but twice a month and then daily during my Seasonal Cleanse. I use them with Nutritional Therapy clients and they are featured prominently in my brand new edition of the Top 10 Supplement Eliminator.
So many of us are stalled on our healing journey due to the toxic load we carry with us, it’s no wonder we need to drink coffee to get through the day. Well, I am here to tell you there is another way.
They can help you feel better than you’ve felt in years without the cost of drinking coffee daily. I promise that once you get started you will really notice a difference in your vitality and well being. If I had to choose one thing to have people do to increase their well being it would probably be coffee enemas (or a close tie with saunas)
It is best to do a coffee enema first thing in the morning (because of the effects of caffeine) after a bowel movement if possible so your colon is empty. The goal is to have two 15 minute 1/2 qt. coffee enemas. You may have to work up to this. Take as much as you can hold and work up. It’s harder that you think!
* An good quality non-plastic or PVC Enema Bag
* Coconut oil, butter, or olive oil as a lubricant
* Stainless steel cooking pot.
* 2 tablespoons of organic dark roast coffee fully caffeinated, drip grind coffee
* 1 qallon filtered water. Watch out: Chlorinated water will destroy your intestinal flora.
* An old towel. They can get stained with coffee.
* Cotton cloth for filtering coffee (don’t use paper)
1. In advance, bring 1 quart filtered water to a boil.
2. Turn off and add 2 flat tablespoons of coffee and let it steep for 5 minutes.
3. Strain the liquid by pouring it through your cotton cloth.
4. On the morning of your enema, add 2-6 Tbsp to Spring or filtered water and warm it as close to body temperature as possible. It should not be too warm or too cold because it will trigger your body to expel it.
1. Begin with Dry Skin Brushing
2. Lie down on a towel on your back, or right side
3. Lubricate the tip of your enema tube
4. Gently insert the tip of the enema tube about 4 inches.
5. Release the clamp and let the first quart of coffee flow in, but not too deeply. Clamp off the tubing as soon as there is the slightest amount of discomfort or fullness.
6. Do your best to hold the enema for 12-15 minutes and REPEAT
7. Rinse out the bag and hang to dry. You can wash the colon tube with non-toxic soap and water. Periodically run boiling water or 1/2 water and 1⁄2 hydrogen peroxide through the empty bag to discourage mold growth when not in use.
If you feel wired after a coffee enema, reduce the amount of coffee by half. You may experience your gallbladder releasing under the right rib cage. If don’t experience this, consider making the coffee stronger, up to 8 tablespoons/quart. You can also increase the volume of coffee used.
* Never force a colon tube! Add more solution and you will be able to gently move the tube deeper. Sometimes a few evacuations are necessary before there is space to go deeper. Listen to your body. Pain means slow down.
You might be interested in our Seasonal Cleanse Kit:
portland oregon :: magdalena new mexico :: somewhere mexico