You want to find your own culinary rhythm that resonates with ancestral culinary wisdom. You are committed to nourishing your growing family and want to get clear about what traditional, nutrient dense, sacred and healing foods are and how to prepare them properly. You want to know the history and lore behind food and see it as a central part of your connection to yourself, to others, and to the earth. You have an inkling that the act of eating itself is ceremonial and want to embody that knowing more. You want the very best for your family.
The thought of changing your family’s eating habits seems like a major intimidating hassle. I mean, how do you even know if a particular new fangled program will actually help you and your family. There is soooo much information out there its hard to know what’s true unless you’re a scientist. No matter how hard you try you are still feeling lousy!
OR maybe you feel great but it is soooo darn expensive to keep everyone on all those special supplements, remedies, and treatments, or maybe you just can’t find a good rhythm with your busy life, or perhaps you are wanting to increase your fertility, or maybe your child (or aging mother) has chronic illness of some sort and you want to get to the root, or maybe you just have an intuition that something isn’t quite right and you want more radiant living. Whatever it is, you’ll find a simple safe and advice-free space to explore traditional healing foods for you and your family.
I discovered Sally Fallon’s Nourishing Traditions 6 years ago when my first daughter was six months old. I was walking home from the park and had an epiphany, Oh Goodness, I am responsible for this life. Right there and then I made a vow to spend some time figuring out what I really truly thought was the best diet for my child. Well, I got to work right away, but my search didn’t last long. The first book I read was Nourishing Traditions, and I immediately and with complete certainty knew it was right. And I wanted all the other earth mamas to know about it too!
Yes, I am a bit of a Traditional Foods zealot, but it’s also been over 6 years and I’ve mellowed into a healthy 80/20 mama (that’s: by the book 80% of the time and free-for-all, with a few no-no-never exceptions, the remaining 20% of the time). That very day I began my own bootcamp starting with Chapter 1 of the Good Book (Nourishing Traditions) and taught myself the Traditional Foods basics from cultured milk and kefir to liver paté and fermented veggies, from A to Z I learned it…. and along the way, since I am a housewife these days (not the Food Cart Chef of my past life), I also worked hard to simplify as many processes as I could.
I also spent considerable time learning about Farming and Permaculture and connecting Sally Fallon’s recipes to Stories and Myths from around the world, to local and global folklore.
It doesn’t matter how sick you feel, or how bad of a rut you’ve gotten into. It doesn’t even matter if you’re too busy to contemplate spending more time in the kitchen. I have spent much of my time in creating this program planning for YOU, busy mama! We will start with the basics – simplified, and move through all the most important sections of the book. I have pre-digested all the information, practiced with, and on, myself, and my family, and perfected a way for you to have the success and joy I’ve had bringing sacred foods into your everyday life. I promise.
Folklore Food is currently under renovation and will be available SOON
Sign-up for our newsletter to receive updates!
I was able to piece together previously random nutrition ideas into one comprehensive understanding of how nutrition and our bodies work together. I feel like nutrition makes sense to me now. Before I took the class I thought it was just for hippies. I discovered that it is for everyone, and it goes way beyond science, the USDA, America, vegetarianism, special diets and all the messed up things we generally look to for answers, to things that used to be general knowledge to previous generations. It is helping my kids grow strong and healthy, helping me not be afraid of healthy meat and fats and helping me feel better so that i can be a better mom. I recommend the class to friends and colleagues many times over because I want them to feel better too. I also recommend this class to people thinking about having kids, to have a healthier next generation. Krista is a great teacher whose genuine enthusiasm helps bring nutrition to life.
Susan Rideout, Mother of 2